Training & Education Committee
- Provide organizational leadership for professional development training and education to enhance the technical knowledge, managerial skills and leadership capability of members.
- Develop and implement a conference survey to periodically gain member evaluations of training and education sessions along with their future professional development needs.
- Facilitate “Call of the Ports” and “Lunch with a PCC Friend” during conferences to nurture member relationships and encourage professional linkages between meetings.
- Help featured ports to develop effective presentations for conferences, when requested.
- Assist the Board of Directors to identify biannual conference themes.
- Identify audio-visual equipment and seating needs for upcoming conferences, sharing this information with the Executive Secretary in a timely way.
- T&E Committee Co-Chairs will meet with the Board of Directors to integrate functions and collaborate as appropriate.
- Gather information and present educational programs to assist members in resolving emerging issues and critical problems.
- Maintain email discussion groups to enable members to quickly sharing ideas, challenges and solutions with each other between conferences.
- As requested, assist the Board of Directors in redesigning and expanding the Web site to include professional development information.
- Identify and prioritize funding needed to further training and education objectives, sharing this with the Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Explore opportunities for expanding professional recognition awards for members and the organization.
Current Training & Education Members